Should you consider Douyin in your China sales and marketing roadmap? Maybe you are thinking that Douyin is just the TikTok of China, but it is much more than this!
WHAT IS DOUYIN ?
Owned by Bytedance, Douyin 抖音 is the Chinese version of TikTok,
Douyin is only accessible in Mainland China. Users from both platforms are kept completely separate and are not able to interact with each other.
Douyin is the country’s top destination for mobile videos with 600 million daily active users.
While Douyin is the undisputed leader in the short-video field, the platform is also featuring longer and distinctive video formats that engage users on a whole new level, include long videos, livestreams, Pinpoint locations to achieve O2O conversion, e-commerce seamless integration to assist purchase
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUYIN AND TIKTOK ?
They have different audience: the main users of TikTok are Gen Z but the audience for Douyin is 16-45 years old. Therefore Douyin has a larger audience and more mature.
Douyin has more advanced features and updates compared to TikTok, and has more educational and knowledge-based videos as compared to fun, silly orientated videos on TikTok.
Douyin is widely used for B2C or B2B marketing, even for industry products.
The main difference between the 2 apps is about e-commerce capabilities which are much more advanced on Douyin.
SHOULD YOU CONSIDER DOUYIN FOR E-COMMERCE? WHAT ARE THE CAPABILTIES?
Douyin has a native e-commerce system.
You can purchase directly in Douyin. The store could be linked to other applications in the Bytedance ecosystem, such as Toutiao, Huoshan Video, and Xigua Video. The most popular e-commerce categories on Douyin are women’s clothing, men’s clothing, cosmetics, and food products
- You can directly access shoppable products from different areas. It can be from your profile, from live-streaming, via individual posts, from the search bar…For exemple, brands can add a product tag in their video posts. Once you click on a product tag, you are directed to the individual shoppable product page when you can do your purchase. Also the product page recommends other similar related products that you could like.
- It has a nearby button where you can switch your location on the app
- Sponsored hastags which are unique to brands. They are used to drive user generated content.
- Douyin creates a seamless digital shopping experience through cooperation with traditional e-commerce platforms. It makes easier for brands to sell their goods but also makes shorter the purchasing journey for consumers.
- Douyin offers countless possibilities for advertisers to raise brand awareness and boost conversions. From in-feed native ads to engaging hashtag challenges, there are countless ways for advertisers to reach their target audiences.
DOUYIN OFFERS LOTS OF POSSIBILITIES FOR MARKETING
To establish the best marketing strategy on Douyin, you need to adapt the videos formats to push the curiosity and interest of consumers.
To succeed in China, you need be very creative.
In order to get noticed, find the ideal frequency to broadcast your content.
To engage your community, engage with users. Like the hashtag system on Weibo, on Douyin influencers can use a “challenge” to be more visible to targeted users. They are used by users because they increase the popularity of your account. Create a partnership with some influencers.
Douyin offers countless possibilities for advertisers to raise brand awareness and boost conversions. From in-feed native ads to engaging hashtag challenges, there are countless ways for advertisers to reach their target audiences Using influencer marketing on Douyin is an effective way to build awareness of your brand. This social media marketing strategy allows you to quickly increase your visibility and expand quickly your community. Also, you can more easily track your audience engagement rate.
SHOULD YOU CONSIDER DOUYIN IN YOUR CHINA ROADMAP?
Brands cannot ignore Douyin in their marketing and sales strategy in China
Douyin is a marketing tool that companies must take into account in their China roadmap.
Douyin is today at the confluence between entertainment, influence, and e-Commerce.
It is better to open a certified account and to use hashtags, create challenges and make partnerships with KOLs and KOCs.
In addition, many advertisements are available to companies that can unleash their creativity through open-screen ads, feed ads, or even stickers. The most important thing is to stand out and to know your target well and to be as creative as possible.
Emotion Digital has a strong understanding of the Chinese market― we want to help you unleash your business’s potential to one of the largest populations in the world. Schedule your free consultation today