How to open a WeChat official account for your business in China ?
Having a presence on the WeChat platform is a must if you want to do business in China or with China.
No matter what is the type of your company, no matter if you are in B2B or B2C, your audience ( suppliers, leads, customers…) are certainly on WeChat.
An important reason for using WeChat in China is the fact that it inspires trust from Chinese people. Any Chinese company has a WeChat marketing strategy. Digital marketing is also for B2B in China
A WeChat official account makes the company look more legitimate. In China, your WeChat official account is also your website.
The WeChat official account is the brand interface with Chinese consumers in WeChat. Via the official account, the brand can obtain followers, send them information, it is the place where consumers can purchase the brand’s products with WeChat store. You can also develop Social Selling with WeChat in China
How to open a WeChat official account for your business in China?
- Opening via a Chinese company
- You will need to give the business license of your company in China, to give access to the bank account of the company, the Chinese ID of a Chinese citizen of the company with a WeChat payment account linked to his bank card
- You can register on https://mp.weixin.qq.com
- Opening via a 3rd party
- Your account will have your name and business description, but will be linked to the legal entity which has created the account
- It is a good way to start quickly and you can still transfer your subscribers in future if you open an account directly
- Opening via your company overseas
- It is a case by case application with authorization from Tencent
- The advantage is that you will get an account fully controlled by you but it can takes several weeks to get the account open
We know that many western companies have difficulties to manage themselves all the issues of the opening. For this reason, Emotion Digital can manage the accounts creation on your behalf.
After your WeChat account is open, you are now ready to configure it. It is important to configure it in line with Chinese users expectations, and to start to produce high quality and visual contents according to your marketing strategy.
And finally, remember that on WeChat, your Brand is a friend, interacting with all followers to create relationships. It is the right solution to nurture your leads to get customers.
But you need to be able to use the right language and communication that speaks to your Chinese audience. It is why you need an expert in China to support the management of your social accounts.
We can propose you customized digital marketing services according to your needs.
For more information about Digital marketing and business in China, subscribe to our newsletter : https://www.subscribepage.com/chinabusinessletter